Wednesday, July 14, 2021

The Pearl Book Review

 Hello again!

I promised you a short story, but I couldn't wait to do this, so we will have to do that later. Behold; The first-ever Anne Ashwood BOOK REVIEW!


Title: The Pearl

Author: John Steinbeck

Rating: 2.5 out of 5

The rating may sound harsh, but it is pretty dark. There are murders, with vivid descriptions, lots of violence, and greed-crazed characters. Not recommended for people with vivid imaginations or people with arachnophobia The worst part: in the last chapter there is something horribly sad, which has to do with the death of a baby. One of the only good things I could draw from it is that the main character, Kino, loves his family and would do anything for them. Overall, I would say NOT for under 12 or 13 even. 

Recap

Story: Death, Blood, violence, Family,

Writing Style: 4.5 out of 5. The only thing that bothers me in this category is he starts a lot of sentences with "and".


No comments:

Post a Comment